Our goal is to turn orphans into royalty by investing into the spiritual, emotional, physical, and educational growth of the children that call Casa Angelina home. If you desire to see God do a lasting work in the hearts of our kids and are willing to commit a season of your life serving our vision, we encourage you to consider interning at our orphanage!
First-time interns may serve for 3 months or less, as determined by our Pastors and Directors.
Second-time or repeat interns may serve for a minimum of 2 months to a maximum of 1 year, as determined by our Pastors and Directors.
Internships are located on-site at our beautiful orphanage in the Guatemalan mountains of Chimaltenango.
We provide you with housing and three meals/day during the weekdays. Weekend meals are not provided. (We regularly take you to the grocery store so you can make your own food or cook with other interns on the weekends.)
Ready to commit for 1 month or longer.
A Pastor’s written reference.
Have your own financial support (including flight to/from Guatemala and approx. $200/month for extra expenses).
No criminal record.
Minors as young as 16 will be considered with parents’ permission.
Spanish is not a requirement but is very helpful. We encourage you to work on learning as much as possible before coming down.
In good health and not needing a special diet or special accommodations for disabilities.
NOTE: Our interns are required to live onsite and sleep in the same rooms as our children. With the majority of our orphans being female, we are currently unable to accept male interns due to the limited capacity of our living arrangements as well as our standard of only allowing same-gender sleeping situations.
1 – Click the red button below and let us know you’re interested. We will email you back with details and an application.
2 – Submit your application including written references (pastoral and personal). We will then schedule a time to call you for a Skype or phone interview.
3 – Once tentatively approved, you will need to get a physical from a doctor and submit it to us.
The role of the intern is to serve the Pastors and Directors of the orphanage on the property. These tasks can include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the visiting teams.
- Helping to prepare for church services and events by arranging rooms, preparing skits, cleaning, organizing, and videoing.
- Cleaning the property, homes, and buses.
- Sleeping in children’s rooms and facilitating any potential needs during the nights.
- Serving in the Mercy Clinic as the Directors need.
- Acting as a messenger throughout the property for the Pastors and Directors.
- Integral role in eternally shaping the lives of orphans in Guatemala.
- Invaluable experience working with an elite ministry staff dedicated to excellence.
- Immersion into the Guatemalan culture and Spanish language.
- Lifelong friendships and connections with the children and staff of Casa Angelina.
- While our internships are not paid positions, they are an incredible opportunity to serve, invest, learn, and grow!